Saturday, November 24, 2012

Unexpected Feelings

   Today is little man's b-day.  We were ready to celebrate.  We had a party planned and lots of people were coming.  It was joyous to wake up with our Big 1 year old.  But there was one thing I didn't expect as the day went on.  I began to feel sad.  I felt sad that I knew his parents probably wouldn't call or write or send a card.  I tried not to get choked up but I really was sad.  Even now at 8pm even with little man fast asleep I wish they would call.

   I wish they knew we prayed for them every night.  That what we really wish is that they would become healthy and that little man could know them.  I wish they knew that we loved them too.

  My feelings of sadness are mixed with so much gratefulness for the fact that so much of his bio family is in his life.  That we have pictures from the day he was born.  That his Aunt and I are so close and that we have all become like family.  Little man will definitely always know he is loved and by ALOT of people.  You should have seen the group picture.  Well soon soon I will be able to post it.  And it only shows a small portion of all the love he has in his life

2 comments:

  1. Ah sweet friend!! He is loved. SO loved. And yet, that does not take away the sadness of his mom & dad not being there.
    I want to see the group shot. Did one turn out?
    It was a delight to see being so delighted in today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't seen any yet I am sure I will get some emailed to me soon :)

      Delete