Thursday, November 1, 2012

National adoption month

November is national adoption month, so this month I am going to dedicate to blogging about adoption.  My goal is to blog once a day.  My hope is that your eyes and heart will be opened to the orphans of this county, state, country and world.

Today I would like to shed some light on some statistics.  There was a recent youtube video titled 8 adoption facts that will surprise you.  I will list the facts below and a link to the video.  When reading the questions ask yourself how can I make a difference.

8 Adoption Facts that will Surprise you:


  • There are more orphans in sub-Saharan Africa than children in Denmark, Ireland, Norway, Canada, and Sweden combined.
  • For every child born in the US two are orphaned in Asia
  • There are more orphans in the world than there are people in the UK and France combined.
  • 250,000 children are adopted each year, 14 million age out of the system. That's 14 million children that didn't get adopted.
  • There are more orphans in India than in the combined populations of the top 15 cities in the U.S.
  • Approximately 30,00 children "age out" of the American foster care system each year
  • More then 1/3 of Americans have considered adopting, but no more that 2% have actually adopted. Have you considered adoption?  Maybe it's time to make that 2% higher?
  • If 1 family in every 3 US churches adopted a child, we would adopt every child in need of a family in the US!  I am guessing that more than 1 family in every 3 churches is being called to adopt since the LORD is very clear that orphans are close to his heart.


Please take the time to pray and ask the LORD how he is calling to to defend the fatherless.



 

4 comments:

  1. I love that you'll be blogging about this. We are going to be starting classes to become foster parents and I am becoming more and more passionate about this. We plan to adopt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to hit reply but wrote a comment in reply to your comment :)

      Delete
  2. That is so awesome! Where do you live? I will focus some of my posts on California and then Santa Cruz as I live in Santa Cruz :)

    ReplyDelete