Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Anniversaries

    Thanksgiving this year marks the anniversary for a few things for us.  On the Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2011 we received our first placement call from the county.  The placement never came to our home but it taught us a lot.  The phone call came at 11am it was basically a get ready and wait for another call.  The day moved on and I checked my phone constantly waiting and waiting.  Around 5 the phone rang and we were told you are on call for the whole Thanksgiving weekend.  I don't know who will call you or when.  So there we were wondering where a child we didn't know was.  Wondering how they were if they were safe, if they were warm, if they were hungry.  Oh man, I didn't know I could worry about a little one I didn't know that much.  It prepared us for the unpredictable life we were entering.  Where up means down and left means right.  Not on purpose, it's just the name of the game.  As I reflect I see how much these few days before little man grew us.  We went to Thanksgiving and everyone knew we may run out the door to pick up a little one.  We all talked and we explained why we wanted to walk this crazy journey.  It reaffirmed everything and little did we know less then 24 hours later we would get a call that would change the rest of our lives.

One year ago the rubber hit the road and we haven't stopped since :)


No comments:

Post a Comment