Thursday, November 15, 2012

It's not about a Childless family

   I often hear people say "well if I couldn't get pregnant then I would adopt."  There is one huge problem with this statement, adoption isn't about a childless family getting a child.  It is about a child with out a family getting a family.  When we refocus our attention to the fact that orphans are children without home, without a mother, without a father.  Then we realize how heartbreaking this situation really is.

   Close your eyes and picture that child without a place to call home, a bed to call their own, someone to call mom.  There are many more orphans then there are childless families.  These children are not only blessings to families without children they are blessings to families with children.  The reason they are blessings though is because you can see the heart of the LORD.  The LORD loves this children, he loves his children.  We are all adopted into his family as well and that is why adoption is beautiful because it is a reflection God's love for all of us.

2 comments:

  1. I like the way you twisted that around. How profound!
    "Adoption isn't about a childless family getting a child. It is about a child with out a family getting a family."
    Love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! Well said!
    (I saw your blog post on the MOAKLEYS Facebook page that a friend just invited me to.
    I love that you are speaking out boldly about this! My husband and I are going through the foster/adopt journey right now and I have to explain this to people daily when they ask why we are adopting. ugh!
    Thank you for speaking out for these babies that need loving homes :)

    ReplyDelete