Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Guest post from Daddy Stone

When I think about families taking in kids, I'm puzzled why so many men seem to have a negative view of foster care and adoption. In our culture today, men see opening up their homes as a new struggle and added stress.  Some would ask, "why would I do that, isn't that what people do when they can't have children?"

There have been a few men that have come along side me in my life and they have altered my perspective and opened my eyes.  I know some men and some friends that have been there for me and they were the examples and inspiration I needed to change for the better.  I feel bonded to them and close to them, even though we are not related by blood.

When it comes to the outcasts and broken in society, it usually seems to be the women that step up and make a difference.  Its always the women that ask the men to stand in the gap for the helpless.  My encouragement to the men is to stand up for what they know is true and good, to take the torch and lead the way. I challenge the fathers to imagine what our world would like if we opened up our homes to kids in need, to kids with lots of love to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment