Friday, November 2, 2012

It will hurt

   Many times people say " I can't do fost/adopt because, what if the child leaves?  It will break my heart and it will be so hard."  Well you're right it will hurt.  But I am here to tell you that's a good thing and you are the kind of parent who should be a foster parent.  It will hurt because you will love them with your whole heart which is exactly what they need.
   When we thought our little one might leave I fell apart; I was full of tears.  And no one had said he was leaving for sure, there was just a chance.  As a Christian I know those are the times I have to remember that none of my children are "mine".  They are the LORDS.  Would I wish I had not had one of my girls if I found out they were dying?  No I would wish I had loved them more.  I would be thankful for the time I had with them.  Would it hurt?  Of course it would but I would still be blessed by them.  Take a minute to shift  your thoughts from "my broken heart if they go," to "what this child needs is someone to love them with their whole heart."

If you think you would be heartbroken if/when a foster child left your home you are the perfect person for the job :)


3 comments:

  1. YES! I love you, Anastasia! You guys are awesome. It hurts to love and than have that loved one taken away. But, it is better to love. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Erin!!! You are awesome and it is better to love! The love you give to a child is a gift that child takes with them on their journey and is a gift that will be with them forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have floundered for a response to that question so many times. Thank you for putting the answer into words so clearly.

    ReplyDelete