Friday, March 16, 2012

Who I am

The song "Remind Me Who I am" by Jason Gray has really been speaking to my heart over the last month. If you haven't heard it yet maybe I can inspire you to take a listen.

When I loose my way
And I forget my name
Remind me who I am
In the mirror all I see
Is who I don't want to be
Remind me who I am

In the loneliest places
When I can't remember what grace is

Sometimes I think our biggest pitfall is that we let our sin shame us. The problem with shame is that it just leads to more sinning. Shame leaves us feeling unworthy of the love and freedom that has been given to us through Jesus. It doesn't matter how big or little we perceive our sin to be. Whether it is before we accept Christ or after. He died for all of it. We need to walk in forgiveness and freedom.

This is something I still struggle with. I have fallen down a lot while walking with the LORD and at times I have been crawling on the ground. I repented of these things and have reconciled with those I sinned against but I held on to shame. A couple weeks ago I had a light bulb moment Jesus didn't come to shame me in my sin, He came to free me from it! I hadn't realized how much shame I had been carrying with me. It was time to be free! These were sins that no one knew about, even from the girl who shares her story on a regular basis. I couldn't say those things though. What would they think? Well guess what.... it doesn't matter. Jesus covered all of it!!!

Get up and live in Freedom! That's what Jesus died for!



1 comment: